Did you know:
• Pumpkins can vary in colour from white to yellow to orange to green.
• Pumpkins contain vitamins A and C, folacin, potassium and iron, and are sodium and fat free (carotene)
• only 23 calories per 87 g serving
• The seeds are rich in protein and a good source of iron.
• Pumpkins are an ingredient in pies, breads, soups, and other foods.
• Pumpkin seeds can be roasted for a snack.
• Pumpkins are used as feed for some farm animals.
• An average sized pumpkin contains about one cup of seeds